Total Pageviews

Friday, February 18, 2011

Tattoo Thoughts

Recently I have begun talking to my father about getting a tattoo. He and I have very different views on the subject. He seems to think that getting a tattoo is a terrible idea. My father is a bit on the old fashioned side so he sees tattoo as somewhat taboo. I have tried explaining to him that the tattoo I will be getting is not offensive in any way and that it is meaningful. No matter how much convincing I do he simply does not see the good side of getting a tattoo.
I see tattoos as the single best way to express yourself. There is no better way to show your appreciation for something than to get it permanately imprinted on your body. I think the permanence of tattoos is the reason many people do not like them. It is hard to find something you like enough to commemorate a piece of your body to but, when you do, you will know it.
I can see the negative side too. Some people make really poor decision when it comes to getting a tattoo. For instance, my friend works with a man who got a picture of a South Park character named Cartman tattooed on his arm. I find this absolutely ridiculous. It is tattoos like that that give tattoos a bad name. If you are mature and responsible about picking your ink then there is no downside to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment